Wednesday, July 9, 2014

On the Run Tour 2014 Beyonce & Jay


"I don't care if we are on the run, along as I'm next to you"--Beyonce
ON THE RUN
On The Run Tour Official Souvenirs(mines)

We were entering Baltimore, on the edge of happiness and laughter, when the traffic kicked in. Suddenly, a light burst into the sky at M& T Stadium. There was hooting and honking all around us. We couldn't believe it; this was it….On the Run tour is here.
We are in massive traffic going into Baltimore

 Fashion note: I decided to rock a colorful romper with pockets paired with some comfy brown flat shoes (not sandals I wanted my tootsies to be protected) Additionally, I accented my look with turquoise and brown.  Such as my mini Chanel bag, turquoise & gold Anne Klein watch and a Vintage Turquoise, Amber & Topaz necklace. My hair was styled in a straighten look but I wished I rocked my natural curls because the humidity was fire. My manicure and pedicure was done in Pink along with eye shadow and lipstick.....Pink for a little Pop. Please note....no additional make-up. Ladies it's always best to be natural as much as you can.

I also want to give a big #SHOUTOUT to Baller Alert for featuring me in their OTR Style Blog. If you want to see Miracle-Josette on Baller Alert, please click: Baller Alert
My OTR outfit for a stadium style concert.

Actually the messy traffic and the long wait inside Pickles was extremely terrible but I was not surprise. Everybody was in the City of Baltimore to get inside the sold-out concert of Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s world tour.

This worker thought I was a celebrity and asked to take a picture with me HAHA
After having a moment in the lime light of cameras and paparazzi (LOL) it was time to get to my seat for the most sought out concert of the year.

Beyonce & Jay-Z performing "03 Bonnie & Clyde"

Bey and Jay opened with the iconic “03 Bonnie & Clyde,” emerging from backstage clad in black with their faces hidden by fashionable masks.

The power couple was already running from police. We wondered: What’s the crime? Being black and rich? Famous and in love? Larger than life but still human?

They’re guilty of all three, but they won’t let anyone take them down.

Right off the bat, the Carters’ double feature was wild. They've both been huge stars for longer than most people have careers. Between them, there is something like 30 or 40 years of chart-topping success. 

Literally every track performed was a sing-along smash, from “Crazy in Love” to “Big Pimpin,” “Flawless,” and “Tom Ford.” ***I was dancing all-night long...well until a slow ballad came. 

These power couples usually have a major breadwinner (Beyonce is #1 on Forbes 2014), but not here. There has never been, a may never be again, such a well-matched musical marriage.

We watched our criminally cool loves drive through the desert in old cars and astride motorcycles. Screened via the jumbo-tron, the On the Run mini-movies showed Jay and Bey hiding in dingy motel rooms and being naughty in abandoned churches.

On stage, Beyoncé was joined by male and female dancers, while Jay Z murdered his tracks without assistance, always taking the time to hype the crowd in true hip-hop fashion.
Performing "Forever Young" Beyonce wore a Black & White USA Flag Gown

They finished with a reprise of “Forever Young” and gave the crowd their all before taking each other’s hand and walking off into the darkness of myth and wonder. Because that’s the only place a couple like this can exist.

Before leaving, though, Beyoncé asked everyone to applaud for the dancers and crew. Then she turned and said, “Thank you, Mr. Carter.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Carter,” Jay replied, and credits rolled. 

Critic's Notebook

The Crowd: You've never seen a crowd as diverse as the OTR gang. Young and old, black and white (and everything else, duh), men and women, gay and straight, well-dressed and just... well, at least they were dressed.
This woman not only wore pink hair but a tail too

Personal Bias: I'm  overtly happy and still flying on cloud 10 million. This was by far one of the best concerts that I had the privileged to attend and the memories will last a lifetime. I still can't believe it...I was at the ON THE RUN tour...were you?
We had GREAT seats. Not on the field but who wants to stand behind someone 6'0" when your 5'3"

Jay Z and Beyonce's On the Run Tour Setlist
-"'03 Bonnie & Clyde"
-"Upgrade"
-"Crazy in Love"
-"Diamonds are Forever" Remix
-"Niggas in Paris"
-"Tom Ford"
-"Run the World"
-"Flawless"
-"Dirt Off Your Shoulder"
-"Big Pimpin'"
-"On to the Next One"
-"Diva"
-"Baby Boy"
-"You Don't Know"
-"Ghost"
-"Haunted"
-"Church in the Wild"
-"Drunk in Love"
-"PSA"
-"Why Don't You Love Me"
-"Holy Grail"
-"FuckWithMeYouKnowIGotIt"
-"Beach Is Better"
-"Partition"
-"Countdown"
-"99 Problems"
-"If I Were a Boy"
-"Ex-Factor" (Lauryn Hill Cover)
-"Song Cry"
-"Resentment"
-"Love on Top"
-"Want You Back" (Jackson 5 Cover)
-"H to the Izzo"
-"Single Ladies"
-"Hard Knock Life"
-"Pretty Hurts"
-"Cliché"
-"Forever Young"
-"Halo"
-"Forever Young" (Reprise)

No comments:

Post a Comment